MT21 Week 2: Methods & WiPs in Practical and Medical Ethics
- All Oxford Uehiro Centre seminars (public and internal) will take place online in Hilary Term 2022.
- Please refer to the University's current health guidance on minimising the risks of COVID-19.
- Face coverings are essential for reducing the spread of COVID-19 and should be worn by all staff and students when indoors.
- Additional social distancing and face covering requirements may be introduced soon.
Updated 5 January 2022
This session is for all University of Oxford Graduate students whose work has an applied ethics dimension.
Part 1: Prof Thomas Douglas and Dr Lisa Forsberg on Consent
Readings: Core (please read before the class):
- Emma C. Bullock, ‘Valid consent’, in The Routledge Handbook of the Ethics of Consent.
- Emily C. R. Tilton and Jonathan Jenkins Ichikawa, Not What I Agreed To: Content and Consent, Ethics 2021;132(1):127-54.
- Emma Cave, Valid consent to medical treatment, Journal of Medical Ethics, doi:10.1136/ medethics-2020-106287.
*part 1 each week will be recorded for students registered on the class. Please inform Becky Brown if you wish your contribution to be edited out
Part 2: Work in Progress
Student Presenting: Samantha Godwin
Student Responding: TBC
Join Zoom Meeting: Email email@example.com to request joining instructions and to sign up to the mailing list for this seminar series.